Saturday, January 9, 2010

Mikko's Beauly Snow Fly

Beauly Snow Fly
It's always jovial when I get a call from my buddy Mikko as one of two events are proposed:
An evening of fine beer and maybe a tipple of a good single malt or there's a need for fly fishing related photo's.

This particular job is a step by step tying guide to one of Mikko's patterns 'The Beauly Snow Fly' and it's destined for a fine salmon fishing magazine by the name of 'Chasing Silver'.

Set up wise was fairly straight forward, for a key light, my new Profoto AcuteD4 ringlfash with a softlight reflector did very nicely, an SB-800 with speedgrid for a kicker and an SB-28 for the backlight, snooted and coloured up with a turqoise lee filters gel.

The key needed to be flagged to control the spill which heavily contaminated the backlight colour. I have some real flags(cutters on order but for now the cork noteboard does the trick.

As space was limited I focused up my camera with a Sigma 180mm f/3.5 macro and shot the majority of the job straight to laptop.









0 comments:

>> Home